Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Phnom Penh day 2

Alright, I'm a tourist.

I visited the National Museum in Phnom Penh to learn about Khmer history, and to see some of the artifacts that were rescued from Angkor Wat/Siem Reap (since the temples have been looted). 

The gardens in the National Garden are a rare place to find greenery. Very pretty!

I couldn't take photos of the exhibits (technically) but you can kinda see some in the background...

Today I visited S21, the genocide museum, and the Choeung Ek killing fields. I'm not sure what I can say about it... except I'm glad I went. Wow.

Beds with chains still attached.

Markings for the different cells.

Cells
Stupa at the Killing Fields

Shrine
I also visited the Russian Market, which was basically a large warehouse full of tourist shops.  

Unrefrigerated meat. Yum.
Dustin and Roger, two friends at the hostel who also went on our journey
Fountain
Tuk tuk near Independence Monument

No comments:

Post a Comment