Sunday, December 30, 2012

Merry (Belated) Christmas!

As New Year approaches, I realized that I completely forgot to wish you all Merry Christmas! I spent Christmas in Kuala Lumpur with Warner, where we enjoyed a delicious Christmas lunch at Al-Amar Lebanese Restaurant. Certainly different from my typical Christmas fare, but it was delicious! We also saw "The Hobbit" in HD 3D. I could do without the 3D, but the HD effects were gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed it :) no surprises there!

Christmas lunch!

FOOD WAS SO GOOD

Desserts and fresh fruit - best Baklava I've ever had. I can taste it now just thinking about it
 While in Kuala Lumpur, I met up with Catherine Mock. We went to kindergarten through high school together! I can't believe we both ended up in Malaysia - Catherine is working with a convent to assist at-risk teen girls in their education. She's been there since August and is staying until May, so she was settled in and comfortably living in the outskirts of KL.

She had CHEEZ-ITS and SWISS MISS HOT COCOA!! Oh the things we miss when we travel. We sat and ate and reminisced and talked about our current adventures, and it was thoroughly delightful. I love meeting up with old friends and it was especially nice while spending the holidays half-way around the world.

Catherine and her fellow volunteer
 And of course, I visited the Patronus Towers in the city centre. The views were quite pretty but I didn't go to the top - I got a nice enough view from other buildings.


I'm now back in Thailand and have worked several days with one of the dive shops in Khao Lak. I'll also be working for Wicked on a 3-day trip to the Surin Islands starting Jan 2nd as well (at least that's the current plan), so my employment options have been decent! It's rare to work every day (and honestly, I'm not sure I'd want to) but overall life is amazing. I have a LOT to be thankful for and this past year has been truly amazing. What a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment